Collector Training Focuses on People and Performance
At ACT, we believe in hiring the right people who have potential for great success in debt recovery and accounts receivable management. We then train our staff on a continual basis to help them succeed and become long-term employees.
ACT’s ongoing training program, ACT University, fully prepares each individual with the knowledge and advanced debt recovery skills necessary to be successful. The program continues to enrich employees’ professional development throughout their careers with communications, management training and additional courses. Our investment in the professional and personal growth of each ACT team member is instrumental to ensuring the best possible service experience for clients and consumers.
Highlights of the ACT University Program:
- A four-week initial training course consisting of a two-week classroom instructional period followed by two weeks of production development.
- Administered by a team of full-time corporate trainers, who are ACA certified as Professional Collection Specialists and Trainer Specialists.
- Includes industry, systems, portfolio and communications training
- State-of-the-art training classrooms at each collection facility outfitted with the latest technology and tools including workstations with systems identical to those used by collectors.
- A detailed handbook containing the program’s lesson modules for each employee’s reference throughout their ACT career.
Mandatory ACA Certifications
ACT requires various ACA International certifications for key job roles. These certifications add credibility to our core staff by confirming the breadth and depth of their FDCPA knowledge.
- Professional Collection Specialist (PCS) Certification - Required for all collection managers and training staff and must be renewed every three (3) years.
- Credit & Collection Compliance Officer Certification - Required for all compliance staff and must be renewed annually.
- Trainer Specialist Certification - Required for all training staff and must be renewed every three (3) years.
- Keeps staff current on laws and best practices
- Annual FDCPA training & testing